Job opening – Post-doc Plant Biologist/ Geneticist with Strong Coding Skills at the University of Georgia – Athens, Georgia
The Devos Lab at the University of Georgia, Athens is seeking a Post-doctoral researcher with a background in Plant Biology and strong coding skills to conduct cutting-edge genomics research in economically important grasses. The post-holder is expected to generate and analyze next-generation sequencing data to conduct expression GWAS in sorghum. This project is part of a larger effort to explore the effects of microbial communities on plant performance. The candidate will also assist with bioinformatic analyses in other crops, including switchgrass and finger millet, to answer trait-related and evolutionary questions.
The position is full time for a period of two years with the possibility of an extension and applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected. Salary is commensurate with experience and health and retirement benefits are included.
- A PhD in plant genetics or equivalent topic
- A strong interest in both wet-lab research and bioinformatics
- Proficiency in script writing using either Python or R
- Experience with generation and bioinformatic analysis of next-generation sequencing data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The following documents are required to apply:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three (3) professional references
For more information and to apply see the job posting.