Job Opening – Research Scientist at Donald Danforth Plant Science Center – St. Louis, Missouri
The Shakoor Laboratory at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis, Missouri is seeking a Research Scientist to join their team in studying the effects of phenotype, genotype, and environment on crop productivity. The lab research focuses primarily on using cutting edge tools, methods, and technologies to understand and optimize the capacity of Sorghum bicolor to capture carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and store it in its roots, shoots and leaves. Specific responsibilities include developing protocols for lab experiments, data collection and data storage, playing a key role in the planning, design and implementation of lab research projects, having and utilizing in-depth knowledge of project-related disciplines as well as having a thorough understanding of the relationships between different fields as they relate to the projects in the lab and performing analysis, summation, and interpretation of data and research results leading to authorship of publications and presentations at seminars and meetings. In additions, candidates will be responsible for effectively communicating, both in written and oral form, the strategy and results of the lab, including writing and assembling sections of patent applications and/or scientific papers, establishing both internal and external collaborations with colleagues and supporting general lab research activities, including plant care, sample preparation, field experiments and ensuring that all lab activities are conducted in compliance with applicable rules and regulations and accepted scientific procedures.
The position is full time and applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected.
The following documents are required to apply:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three (3) professional references
- Ph.D. with 3 5 years of relevant post-doctoral research experience.
- Ability to organize, multitask time efficiently and work both independently and collaboratively within a multidisciplinary and interactive research environment.
- Effective writing and communication skills, meticulous record keeping.
- Familiarity with Google Drive and the Microsoft Suite of products, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Live the Danforth Center values: Collaboration, Diversity & Inclusion, Innovation, Integrity & Respect, Environmental Sustainability, and Stewardship.
For more information and to apply see the job posting.